Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Journal Entry: 10.29.13

Super Storm Sandy was the start to a bad year in America with a shooting weeks later, Sandy had become a negative word. At the start of my Sandy Experience I had watching tv, knowing the storm was awaiting us, the light flickered, then would go back on. I would look out the window, the power lines flying left to right, left to right. Knowing what my destiny was awaiting and my lights flickering, they offically went out. Quick to run to light my candle and join in with the rest of my family in boring lightless activies. The storm had impacted my family because we were out of power for 8 days, a refrigerator full of food and a basemeet freezer filled with meats, my family would than be at lose. The next day my dad had heard news of generators going on sale, quickly he went to the place with cash in his handy ready to save our food. The generator was only well enough to run a few things at a time the freezer and maybe the tv. Luckily my house ran on a gas stove and water heater so I was instantly set to be atleast clean. One of the major difficulties of living on an island is the support of easy access to gas. Without gas my family would not be able to run our generator and that would be a biggest trouble. Sandy was a life time experience, that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment